Cancer research UK, Bowel Cancer statistics available from: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/health-professional/cancer-statistics/statistics-by-cancer-type/bowel-cancer (accessed July 2016).
Association of Coloproctologists of Great Britain and Ireland, National Bowel Cancer Audit Report 2015 available from: http://www.acpgbi.org.uk/content/uploads/2016/03/nati-clin-audi-supp-prog-bowe-canc-2015.pdf (accessed July 2016).
- Genetic prognostic and predictive markers in colorectal cancer.Nat Rev Cancer. 2009; 9: 489-499
- Chapter 3: how does a colorectal cancer develop?.in: Rosen P. Young G.P. Levin B. Spann S. Colorectal cancer in clinical practice: prevention, early detection and management. 2nd edn. CRC Press, 2005
- Guidelines for colorectal cancer screening and surveillance in moderate and high risk groups (update from 2002).Gut. 2010; 59: 666-689
- Stool investigations for colorectal cancer screening: from occult blood test to DNA analysis.J Gastrointest Canc. 2016; 47: 143-151
Van Ballegooijen M, Habbema JDF, Boer R et al. A comparison of the cost-effectiveness of fecal occult blood tests with different test characteristics in the context of annual screening in the Medicare population. Technology Assessment Report 2003. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK285640/ (accessed July 2016).
- Outcomes of the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme (BCSP) in England after the first 1 million test.Gut. 2012; 61: 1439-1446
- Screening for prevention and early diagnosis of cancer.Am Psychol. 2015; 70: 119-133
- The impact of national cancer awareness campaigns for bowel and lung cancer symptoms on sociodemographic inequalities in immediate key symptom awareness and GP attendance.Br J Cancer. 2015; 112: S14-S21
- An advance notification letter increases participation in colorectal cancer screening.J Med Screen. 2007; 14: 73-75
- Methods to increase participation in organized screening programs: a systematic review.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 464
- Once-only flexible sigmoidoscopy screening in prevention of colorectal cancer: a multicentre randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2010; 375: 1624-1633
- A new-generation fecal immunochemical test (FIT) is superior to Quaiac-based test in detecting colorectal neoplasia among colonoscopy referral patients.Anticancer Res. 2015; 35: 2873-2880
- Increased uptake and improved outcomes of bowel cancer screening with a faecal immunochemical test: results from a pilot study within the national screening programme in England.Gut. 2016; (Jun 7 (E pub ahead of print))
Bowel Cancer UK website, available at: https://www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/media-centre/news-and-blog/take-the-test.-july-marks-10-year-anniversary-of-bowel-cancer-screening-in-england/ (accessed July 2016).
- Management of the malignant colorectal polyp: ACPGBI position statement.Colorectal Dis. 2013; 15: 1-38
- Risk of lymph node metastasis in patients with pedunculated type early invasive colorectal cancer: a retrospective multicenter study.Cancer Sci. 2011; 102: 1693-1697
- Endoscopic resection as unique treatment for early colorectal cancer.Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2010; 102: 435-441
- A predictive model for local recurrence after transanal endoscopic microsurgery for rectal cancer.Br J Surg. 2009; 96: 280-290